My all-time most requested tutorial is finally live on Instagram stories today! I’m so excited to be sharing a step-by-step glance into my go-to makeup routine! I’ll be saving the tutorial to my Instagram highlights on my profile so that you can go back to watch that at anytime. 🙂
A lot of the products that I currently use in my makeup routine are on major sale this week, so be sure to follow any of the links below to check pricing, stock, etc. To shop any of the products I am using, simply click on the image of the product below, and you’ll be redirected to the site for purchase. I also included a few of my other “must-have” beauty products, including hair and body care items. All of the products that you see below are ones that I have used for years and continue to repurchase time and time again. You will love them!!
To find the exact shades that I use in each makeup item, keep scrolling toward the bottom of this post, where I break down all the details for y’all!
Makeup Brushes & Tools:
- Sigma Brush Cleaning Mat: To clean your brushes, use some Dawn dish soap and water, then rub your brushes around on this mat. It gets your brushes SO CLEAN.
- Beauty Blender Sponges: THE BEST blenders for an affordable price. These feel just like the real “beauty blender” brand (that normally costs $20+ for one sponge), but with this pack, you’ll get 5 sponges for around 9 bucks!
- Sephora Brush Set: The exact brushes I use — I got this value set a few years back and they’re still in great shape! It has every brush you need.
- PMD Facial Brush: I use this every night to cleanse my face!!
- Sephora Mini Brush: I love having this mini “universal” brush to be able to throw it in my purse or take it on-the-go anytime I need it for powder, bronzer, blending, etc.
- itCosmetics Foundation Brush: I love using this for foundations and CC Creams. Blends everything so evenly and doesn’t leave brush marks!
- Tula Face Primers: I love Tula’s primers and I switch in and out with each one depending on the day. In my makeup tutorial, I’m using the new Brighten Up gel primer (I like it for a fuller face of makeup because it literally makes your makeup stay on ALL day). I love the Face Filter tinted, blurring primer for lighter makeup days or to just wear on its own for a natural glow. I also always use the Tula SPF before starting my makeup routine — see my “skincare” highlight on IG for more info on it. (Use code: PEYTONBAXTER for 15% off all products on Tula’s site at anytime!)
- Double Wear Foundation: BEST foundation for full coverage makeup. I use shade IVORY BEIGE year round.
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer: All time fav concealer that will hide any and everything — even dark circles! I use shade: LIGHT NEUTRAL year round. You can get 15% off of the entire Tarte website anytime you use my code: PEYTON at checkout!
- Laura Mercier Brightening Powder: I use this to set my concealer under my eyes & on my T-zone.
- Laura Mercier Translucent GLOW Powder: I use a light layer of this to set my foundation.
- Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Powder: I will occasionally switch this in and out with the GLOW powder linked above, to set my foundation. It’s also good to wear on light makeup days when you don’t want to wear any foundation but still want a little coverage. Shade: MEDIUM.
- Nars Bronzer: Splurge-worthy bronzer. Shade: LAGUNA. (Will last you a long time & also makes a great crease shade for eyeshadow!)
- Butter Bronzer: Best drugstore bronzer. Shade: SUNKISSED.
- Rodial Blush: VERY pigmented and will last forever. Shade: COPACABANA.
- Iconic London Highlighter: I’ve had this for over a year and it looks like I’ve barely touched it (but I use it daily!!). This one will last awhile as well. So pretty and glowy! Shade: ORIGINAL GOLDEN GLOW.
- All-Nighter Matte Setting Spray: All time favorite setting spray that I have been using for over 10 years!! Holds makeup in place all. day. long.
- Tula Rose Glow & Get It: I use this every morning in my skincare routine to brighten up my eyes & reduce puffiness/dark circles, before starting my makeup. This can also be used throughout the day on top of your makeup for an instant midday pick-me-up. It looks like a natural highlighter on your skin — so pretty! Use code PEYTONBAXTER for 15% off.
- Tartelette In Bloom Palette: Perfect eyeshadow palette for any neutral, smoky or natural eye look.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz: The must-have eyebrow defining pencil. I love it because it has a spooly on the end as well, to blend out your brows for a natural look. Shade: TAUPE.
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel: I started using this around a year ago & it has been a game changer — holds your brows in place all day so that they stay “brushed up”. Shade: CLEAR.
- Kat Von D Liquid Liner: The best black liquid liner that stays on ALL DAY and doesn’t smudge. I love the defined, pointed end so that I can get a clean line and the perfect “cat eye” look. Shade: SATIN BLACK.
- Tarte Big Ego Mascara: My favorite mascara because it is NOT clumpy, goes on super black, and doesn’t leave mascara dots under my eyes throughout the day. Note: I have lash extensions on my top lashes, so I don’t use this on my top lashes at the moment.
- Mac Lip Liners: I have used Mac liners since my freshman year of high school. They stay on all day and last for a really long time — you get your money’s worth!! Fav neutral shade: WHIRL (This is what I used in my makeup tutorial.) Fav red shade: RUBY WOO.
- Tarte Lipsticks: The most comfortable formula to wear! Fav neutral shade: SURFS UP. Fav bright shade: DAIQUIRI (a coral color).
- Fenty Glosses: My FAVORITE lip glosses because they are not sticky at all & they are so comfortable to wear on their own or even on top of other lipsticks. Cannot recommend these enough! Fav shades: FUSSY & FENTY GLOW.
- Red Lipsticks: I’m always getting asked what shade red lipsticks I wear, and there are two favorites I have! One is a liquid lipstick, which I wear the most often — shade: FASHION LEGACY. The other is a regular matte lipstick that is pretty much the exact color as the liquid lip (just in a different form) — shade: RUBY WOO. Both of these reds look classy and sophisticated on all skin types. It’s hard to find a good red, but I’ve stood by both of these for about 10+ years now!
- Laneige Lip Mask: GAME CHANGER. I love my lipsticks, and I wear one daily … so it’s safe to say that my lips dry out a lot. I use this lip mask at night to repair and hydrate them. It also serves as a pretty “gloss” for natural makeup days!
Hope this is helpful to you all when you go searching for some new beauty brands to try! I absolutely love all of these products!!
Click here and head to my Makeup Tutorial highlight on my Instagram profile to check out how I put many of these items to use, and of course, if you have any questions for me, leave them below in the comments. I’m happy to answer!
Reminder: The big Spring Sephora Sale is currently happening, so many of these products will be on sale through the end of April. Click here to read more details about the sale or follow my page (Peyton.Baxter) in the free LIKEtoKNOW.it app to keep up with the current items on sale each day — I’ve got you covered! 😉